Here are some tips to help you with various computer related issues. In the near future, you will be able to download the same quick reference tip sheets that I provide to all of my clients. These tip sheets have a front and back and contain additional information about each tip shown below.
You can also check out my
Blog where I have posted these tips as well as informative articles.
General Computing Tips
- Backup your data
- Update virus definitions
- Run Windows updates
- Run disk defragmenter
- Uninstall unused programs
- Download latest software drivers
- Keep your PC cool
- Check all connections
- If all else fails - Reboot
- If you need additional help, call (414) 559-1227.
Here for additional details about these General Computing Tips.
PC Security Tips
- Use a Windows password to log in to your PC (no auto-logins!!)
- Use hard to guess passwords (use a combination of numbers, letters and characters)
- Use anti-virus software
- Use an anti-spyware program
- Do not open email attachments from unknown sources
- Install a hardware firewall (or at least run a firewall program on your PC)
- Set a screensavor password
- Backup your data regularly and password protect your backups
- Encrypt file attachments when sending via email
- Let me perform a comprehensive security audit of your systems.
Call (414) 559-1227 to schedule a service visit.
Speed Up Your PC
- Add More Memory
- Eliminate Startup Folder Items
- Remove Unnecessary Programs
- Defragment Hard Drives
- Disable Windows Indexing Service
- Reduce Windows XP “Eye Candy”
- Reduce Recycling Bin Size
- Run Chkdsk
- Remove Windows Messenger
- If the above steps didn't help, contact me at (414) 559-1227 for a free consultation.
Click Here for additional details about these Tips to Speed Up Your PC.